Devin Townsend - Hummer CD (album) cover

Devin Townsend

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
2 stars 4.5/10

I have nothing against the ambient music, except for the fact that albums with that kind of sound risk be many boring. Even though this is the fault of Hummer, he still sounds a more "audible" than the hideous Devlab, it has to be the worst of all albuns of Devin.

Well, 73 minutes of sparse sound effects is not for everyone. Normally I do not revise more than twice albums that do not go anywhere. In Hummer can hear the different sounds of waves, some speeches, a flute solo (perhaps the best thing in the entire record), but the rest is more of the same, and more, and more ... if you are not in a reflective humro or looking for sounds meditators will not hear the whole album.

The only thing that makes me happy about Hummer is the fact that now bind Devy did another album with this kind of sound proposal, and sincerely hope it is not an idea to pass by his crazy head again. Now I will listen Ziltoid, which I suppose is a work much better. 2 stars for "mediocre" Hummer.

voliveira | 2/5 |