Genesis - Nursery Cryme CD (album) cover

NURSERY CRYME

Genesis

video vertigo
4 stars Nursery Cryme is my 2nd favorite Genesis album after Foxtrot. This album was also the hardest for me to get into of any of their classic lineup albums. I have always loved The Musical Box but it took many listens for me to enjoy the rest of the songs. With so many reveiws of this album there is little to add, but I think that this should be the 3rd album new Genesis fans should buy, go for Selling England and Foxtrot first then discover this gem. Highlights of this album are The Fountain of Salmacis which is one of Genesis' best songs, the lyrics and Gabriel's delivery of the story embodies everything I love about 70s prog, not to mention the power of Tony Banks and the other instrumentalists. Harlequin and For Absent Friends are more commercial pieces which fortell songs such as More fool Me, I could picture either of those two songs being a part of Wind and Wuthering.

I give this album 4 - 4.5 stars not quite as essential as Foxtrot but very very well done and some very memorable moments. Anyone remotely interested in Genesis should own this album.

video vertigo | 4/5 |