Marillion - Clutching At Straws CD (album) cover

CLUTCHING AT STRAWS

Marillion

Robin
4 stars What a great album! I really love Marillion (especially the Fish-era) and the songs on this album are SO beautiful! "That Time Of The Night (The Short Straw)" is a song that will be in my mind for the rest of my life, I'm really convinced of that. "For The Record" is wonderful sympho, with great synthesizer-work and 7/8. "White Russian" is a key-piece in Marillion-history. Great vocals and melody. "Sugar Mice" is emotional and smooth. It made a good single.

This album is more complicated and progressive than "Misplaced Childhood" but not especially better or worse. It's just again a very good album, and the end of an era. Fish clutched the last straw. Recommended to sympho- fanatics!

Robin | 4/5 |