Pink Floyd - Animals CD (album) cover

ANIMALS

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Fido73
4 stars Except fot "Piper at the Gates of Dawn", "Animals" is my favorite Pink Floyd album. I know that Wright said that the album was more a Waters solo album with Floyd as the backing band than a real group effort, i still think that that the music in it is better than "Dark Side..." or "Wish You Were Here".

"Pigs on the wing Part 1 and 2" are beautifull and very emotional intro and coda to the album, i really like Waters voice on those :)

"Dogs" is the first song from Pink Floyd that made me actually like the band. The guitars on this song are very strong. I really like the dogs effects in the middle of the song. Lyrically, it may be the strongest lyrics Waters has done in is life !!!

"Pigs (three different ones)" is very groovy and i really like the kinda pigs sounding guitar solo at the end.

"Sheep" is IMO the highlight of the album. The best song Pink Floyd as ever done! I really like the effect when you hear the voice of Waters transform into the keyboard sound every time he finish singing a sentance. The rhodes sound very good in the song, beeing a fan of the rhodes it really helps ;)

4 Stars, a must have.