Ark - Burn The Sun CD (album) cover

BURN THE SUN

Ark

BORA
2 stars A spiritual person, I had a bit of a reservation to the album title "Burn the Sun". Some may find the title clever, in my world it comes across as immature and disrespectful. Not a good start. Still, a Norwegian super group held some promise and I obtained both of ARK's albums - sight unseen - for that particular reason.

Whilst not a Metal devotee, my collection contains a handful of such albums that I'd rather not be left without. This is not going to be one of them

I have no doubt that many will find the experience here exciting and I won't belittle their preferences. From my end, the music is well performed, but of little interest to me. Powerful vocals bordering on violent, I am not at all comfortable with that.

For general talent and delivery I'd offer 3 stars without any reservation. For personal preference this is not something I would ever listen to again.

BORA | 2/5 |