Yes - Ultimate Yes: 35th Anniversary Collection CD (album) cover

ULTIMATE YES: 35TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

Shakespeare
3 stars Of course, no collection will ever be large enough to capture all of Yes' essentials. But, with that being said, I find this collection came very near. It is an excellent introduction to Yes' music for a non-progger or new progger. I always prefer to buy actual albums instead of collections, but I'm glad I have this one because it has songs (on disc 2 and 3) that I would never had otherwise heard or at least had on my computer for my listening.

It's looks great in a collection, but just buying all of Yes' 70s material would be much more rewarding (though much more expensive). Good, but non-essential.

Shakespeare | 3/5 |