Pink Floyd - The Wall CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars For long, Pink Floyd's The Wall was one of my favourite albums. I couldn't understand my liking for it very well. It is utterly depressing, yet when I listen to it I also feel uplifted in some bizarre way. It had a special resonance with me, it meant something to me. But time passes, and it doesn't seem to appease me as much as it once did. It's still enjoyable, but the personal touch I once received is gone, and in its place are simple songs and defected, bitter romance. I find it hard to listen all the way through, because atmosphere is shaky and not dreadfully gripping. However, it's still a great album, with memorable tunes, and much originality.
Shakespeare | 3/5 |