Devin Townsend - Ghost (Devin Townsend Project) CD (album) cover

GHOST (DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT)

Devin Townsend

Experimental/Post Metal

voliveira
5 stars 9/10

Ethereal.

And here we have an example of a mature man hitting a stunning ...

If in Deconstruction Devin was crazy, wild and avant-garde, here in Ghost, his twin brother (both albums were released on the same day), we see quite the opposite. There are no words that do justice to how I feel listening to this magnificent work, because it all comes down to ... peace.

Yes, peace. I never thought that this man, known for his bipolarity, I could evoke a feeling so deep. "Deep Peace" ... the title of this song Devin, one of my favorites of him, sums up my mood with Ghost. Even in Ki he wasn't so serene. In his long (but never boring) 72 minutes it takes you to a long state of meditation and contemplation. No growls, metal, aggressiveness or anything. And I am grateful to Devin through this experience.

In short, this is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had in recent times. Mainly because of the slight disappointment I had with Deconstruction, Ghost only tends to prove the character and eclectic genius of Devin. It's like being in paradise. 5 stars.

voliveira | 5/5 |