Tool - 10,000 Days CD (album) cover

10,000 DAYS

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

OpethGuitarist
2 stars I've let this sink in now, and to say I am dissapointed is an understatement. I guess I expect more after a lay off of 5 years, and certainly more from a band as capable as TOOL is. I was especially excited when I heard they would be referencing from MESHUGGAH, a band I really enjoy, but alas the comparisons are few and far between. I was amazed by the Aenima record, and I still am, maybe TOOL is a 2 album wonder and have nothing left in them, but I really doubt that's the case, Carey is too good of a drummer.

This album isn't bad, but it's certainly not good either. The first tracks sound like something that got deleted off Lateralus becuase it wasn't good enough to put on that album. TOOL has always been somewhat of a pretentious band, and that typically doesn't bother me, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the music, I really don't mind. However, here, it seems to have really effected the music, with brash conclusions made by the band, along with a lack of mystique that previous albums had.

This album has more peculiarities to it, but they don't seem to fit well with the music, and often times you just feel like ejecting the disc and putting in Aenima, because you realize its much better. Fans will enjoy though, for the most part.

OpethGuitarist | 2/5 |