Genesis - Selling England By The Pound CD (album) cover

SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND

Genesis

Badabec
5 stars This album is one of the best prog-cd's that were ever produced! GENESIS is here at its finest!

The bleak, sad, affecting mood is typical for GENESIS, as well as the very poetical lyrics which PETER GABRIEL not unfrequently let drift into absurdism, so the texts have something interesting and funny coeval. Also blazing for this great album are the great arrangements and of course the quasi perfect work on the instruments by each member of the band. But that's something we are used to by GENESIS.

From beautiful, medieval chant as you can find it in "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight" to psychedelic sounds ("I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe"), from melodies that come to your heart ("Firth Of Fith", "The Battle Of Epping Forest" and "The Cinema Show" which may be the most outstanding song on this album, it nearly made me cry) to more catchy (but not cheesy) tunes like "More Fool Me" that is the only song which is chanted by PHIL COLLINS on SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND, you'll find them all on this awesome CD.

This CD is essential, progheads, I usually dare to give 5 stars to an album but this one really diserves it!

Badabec | 5/5 |