Hawkwind - Space Ritual  CD (album) cover

SPACE RITUAL

Hawkwind

Psychedelic/Space Rock

sussexbowler
5 stars I'd always wanted to hear this, because it seems to be one of the seminal albums of prog, although (beforehand, at least) I always thought of Hawkwind as a 'metal' band.

If you accept that my only exposure to them was 'Silver machine', then I'd say that that particular song represents the tip of an iceberg. Same sound, but much more of it, and the effect of 'Space rock' is born!

It ends up being a forerunner to 'Drum'n'bass', and similar such stuff. It goes on, and on... and on! But not in a bad way. It's where you put your head. There's a strong rhythm sound underpinning it all. I found it similar in a way to 'Rush', but thankfully, Geddy Lee doesn't come in and upset the flow.

Whilst it ISN'T my favourite type of music, this is really strong stuff, and absolute top quality.

sussexbowler | 5/5 |