Queensr˙che - Q2K CD (album) cover

Q2K

Queensr˙che

Godfrey
4 stars I have one question for all, who think this is the worst album in the band's discography. What does make progressive band progressive? Every album by progressive band must be different! True progressive band doesn't record two same pieces. And QUEENSRYCHE is a progressive band.

Yes, after first listening I didn't like this album. BUT after the third listening, I heard there is something more on it and now I know, that Q2K is really great album by really great formation.

DeGarmo's absence doesn't matter, maybe it stands in a good stead. CD is full of fresh and modern hard rock songs like "Falling Down", "Liquid Sky", "When the Rain Comes..." or "One Life". The music is a little bit similar to a great project Iommi/Hughes: Fused (2005!). And the end of the album is really excellent - "The Right Side of My Mind", maybe the best song on Q2K. Teamplay of Tate's vocals and Wilton's and Gray's guitars is absolutely awesome on this song

I guess this hard rock jewel is a great escape from power metal monotonicity, which you can hear on last albums by bands like HELLOWEEN or EDGUY, and it could be an excellent addition to any prog music collection.

Godfrey | 4/5 |