Pink Floyd - Animals CD (album) cover

ANIMALS

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Peter
4 stars I find myself listening to this remarkable disc quite a lot lately, despite the fact that when it was first released I found it to be rather bleak (of course, things would only get more depressing as Roger Waters took the helm for mega-hit "The Wall," and the suicide-inducing "The Final Cut"). Now, however, I find the album's message that the world is largely composed of mindless "Sheep" who are preyed upon by "Pigs" (politicians, priests, and the "giants of industry,") as well as "Dogs" (generals?) to ring timely and true.

Lyrical content aside, I especially enjoy the delightful little ditty that is "Pigs on the Wing" (both parts), and I am blown away by the awesome power of the guitar on my favourite track, "Sheep," where Gilmore makes his six-string swoop down like an attacking jet-fighter.

This is definitely one of the best Floyd albums! Put on "Sheep," CRANK IT UP, and see if you don't agree!

Peter | 4/5 |