Alas - Pinta Tu Aldea CD (album) cover

4 stars This is an excellent fusion album, very pleasant listening. Genesis - like keyboards abound and the instrumentation is fabulous. There are also traces of tango and South American folk music - but the sound is truly progressive. Lots of dynamic interplay between instruments, and I like the way the fat bass in high in the mix.

The debut album was too far out for my tastes - this is much more to my liking. Progressive, yet accessible and elegant - while sounding aggressive at the same time.

Boy am I glad I stumbled upon this one. I hesitate to call it a masterpiece, because it's not really treading any new ground. However, in my eyes, it is one of the best pieces of progressive rock I've heard from the 1980's, and it will be in my rotation forever. 4.5 stars.

Suedevanshoe | 4/5 |