PINTA TU ALDEA

Alas Pinta Tu Aldea album cover

Buy ALAS Music
Studio Album, released in 1983

1. A Quiénes Sino (9:54)
2. Pinta tu Aldea (10:12)
3. La Caza del Mosquito (7:04)
4. Silencio de Aguas Profundas (13:31)

Bonus tracks:
5. Live session
6. Buenos Aires sólo es piedra

Search ALAS Pinta Tu Aldea lyrics

Search ALAS Pinta Tu Aldea tabs

- Gustavo Moretto / keyboards, synthesizers, flute, trumpet, percussion
- Pedro Aznar / bass, acoustic guitar, synthesizer, flute (4)
- Carlos Riganti / drums, percussion

Guest musicians:
- Cecilia Tanconi / flute (3)
- Daniel Binelli / bandoneon (2)
- Néstor Marconi / bandoneon (4)

Recorded in 1977
LP EMI (1983)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

ALAS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALAS Pinta Tu Aldea Music

Absolute PurityAbsolute Purity
Martyr Music Group 2001
AlasAlas
EMI Argentina 1997
Alas - Absolute Purity (United States) (CD, Apr-2005, Martyr Records) US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Prisma -con Las Alas Rotas US $1.95 [0 bids]
TRANSMETAL Las Alas Del Emperador CD US $14.97 Buy It Now 9h 20m
ROCIO JURADO Como Las Alas Al Viento CD NEW duo Jose Luis Rodriguez ANA GABRIEL US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h 24m
Preciado, Julio Y Su Banda Perla Del Pac Quisiera Tener Alas CD US $9.75 Buy It Now 10h 14m
ALAS - ALAS [ALAS] - NEW CD US $8.19 Buy It Now 13h 40m
Bandango "Alas Del Viento" US $60.00 [0 bids]
Los yonic's no me cortes las alas US $12.00 [0 bids]
LAURA MARLING Alas I Cannot Swim CD US $13.02 Buy It Now 18h 6m
LAS LOVERS - SWEET & SWEAT - Japan CD J-POP - 10Tracks ALAS US $13.99 Buy It Now 18h 56m
LAS LOVERS - SWEET & SWEAT - Japan CD - NEW J-POP ALAS US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAS Absolute Purity Gatefold LP VINYL BRAND NEW & UNPLAYED Shop Stock + Poster US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kemialliset Ystavat *Alas Rattoisaa Virtaa - Dekorder LP* Nurse With Wound Coil US $19.99 [0 bids]
Celtic Twilight, Vol. 1, Various Artists, John Doan, Alas, Good Import US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EL ULTIMO KE CIERRE QUEMASTE TUS ALAS SEALED CD NEW US $5.20 Buy It Now 1 day
MYSTERY JETS alas agnes UK 7" 45 US $2.00 [1 bids]
We Don't Fear Your God- Dantesco, SIGNED, Narval, Aura Azul, Nimrod, Alas Negros US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Current 93 Presents Alas! Aryan Aquarians Durtro CD 1997 NWW Nurse with Wound US $27.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LAURA MARLING Alas, I Cannot Swim SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER CD 002 US $5.65 Buy It Now 1 day
LAURA MARLING Alas, I Cannot Swim SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER CD 002 US $8.08 Buy It Now 1 day
LAURA MARLING Alas, I Cannot Swim SIGNED Autographed PHOTO Print POSTER CD 002 US $24.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ALAS DE PAZ ~ Me Has Dado Victoria CD ~ 2012 ~ 13 Songs US $2.99 [0 bids]
En las alas del amor - Julissa - CD musica cristiana US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
v/a DESMO PRESENTS ALAS 3x LP NEW VINYL Trio De Cajon Mark Farina Stimming Bustl US $39.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SHIN SASAKUBO-SEMILLA DE ALAS-JAPAN CD F56 US $27.50 Buy It Now 2 days
KAIVOSURMA porttiteoria 7" 6 track with insert eteenpain b/w alas, draw blank, l US $8.08 Buy It Now 2 days
PRISMA Emociones CD exitos como CON LAS ALAS ROTAS Tomalo SE ME CANZO EL CORAZON US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Ford Congregation: By George, It's George / Alas, Poor Yorick 45 US $3.60 Buy It Now 2 days
LP- CARLOS ALAS DEL CASINO "POR LOS CAMPOS DE CUBA " ON MAYPE REC. US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MIGUEL MATEOS MEXICAN PROMO 45 SI TUVIERAMOS ALAS 1991 ROCK EN TU IDIOMA US $4.99 [0 bids]
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim - U.S. cd - RARE! Digipak US $6.95 Buy It Now 2 days
LAURA MARLING - ALAS I CANNOT SWIM NEW CD US $18.68 Buy It Now 2 days
CD: Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim US $0.99 [0 bids]
LAURA MARLING**ALAS I CANNOT SWIM**CD US $14.85 Buy It Now 2 days
LAURA MARLING - ALAS I CANNOT SWIM NEW CD US $15.83 Buy It Now 2 days
Laura Marling : Alas I Cannot Swim CD (2008) US $7.44 Buy It Now 2 days
BLAZQUEZ ELADIA-CON LAS ALAS DEL ALMA CD NEW US $14.60 Buy It Now 3 days
MYSTERY JETS Eel Pie Bootleg 7" 3 Track Featuring Alas Agnes Live, Ras Tamadeus US $8.08 Buy It Now 3 days
CHEAP CDS Laura Marling "Alas I Cannot Swim" CD US $7.83 Buy It Now 3 days
PAAVOHARJU - JOKO SINA TULET TANNE ALAS TAI MINA NOUSEN SINNE - SVR236CD US $19.39 Buy It Now 3 days
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim - 2008 DEBUT - CD IN NEAR EX CON US $8.08 [0 bids]
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim [CD New] US $12.53 Buy It Now 3 days
Orlando Lopez & Mazacote & Orquesta - En Alas Del Recuerdo Salsa Y Guaguanco LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Alas by Idaho (CD, Oct-1998, Buzz Records (Jazz Label) (Holland)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Los Angeles Azules CD NEW Alas Al Mundo Album 12 Exitos Coleccion ! US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Paavoharju - Joko Sina Tulet Tanne Alas Tai Mina Nousen Sinne (NEW CD) US $22.26 Buy It Now 4 days
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim (NEW CD) US $10.92 Buy It Now 4 days
LEON GIECO Y OTROS - MUNDO ALAS EL DISCO - NEW CD US $9.18 Buy It Now 4 days
ALAS Absolute Purity CD PROMO & PROMO ADVERT 2001 (buy 4--- GET 5 !!) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Eros Ramazzotti - Alas Y Raices (Spanish Version) [CD New] US $8.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Paavoharju - Joko Sina Tulet Tanne Alas Tai Mina Nousen Sinne [CD New] US $23.44 Buy It Now 4 days
ALDEMARO ROMERO EN ALAS DEL ROMANCE ESTRELLITA DEL SUR ARGENTINA LP US $20.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Bogs Visionary Orchestra - Alas Alas Alas! The Birth Of Hieronymus Bogs [CD New] US $13.26 Buy It Now 4 days
CRESSWELL:VOICE INSIDE ALAS HOW SWIFT BY NEW ZEALAND SYMPHONY (CD) US $16.24 Buy It Now 4 days
Marling Laura - Alas I Cannot Swim CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Alas Negras - Slasher Show CD Pop Rock US $20.65 Buy It Now 5 days
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim LP NEW 180 gram uk folk gatefold US $32.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Ivan Lins Abre Alas CD - French Pressing - EX US $6.98 [0 bids]
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim CD BRAND NEW US $9.96 Buy It Now 5 days
ALAS ABSOLUTE PURITY 2001 VINYL LP ALBUM RECORD HAMMERHEART HHR069 NETHERLANDS US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
ALAS Absolute Purity LIMITED BOX EDITION 2001 CD with Poster Hammerheart Records US $10.00 [0 bids]
Eros Ramazzotti - Alas Y Raices (Spanish Version) CD US $13.59 Buy It Now 6 days
ELADIA BL ZQUEZ - CON LAS ALAS DEL ALMA - NEW CD US $9.26 Buy It Now 6 days
Prisma Con Las Alas Rotas By 2en1 Factory Sealed Cd Peerless US $10.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Alas! the Horse Is Gone-manx Music/traditional Tun - Walker,Carol New US $27.94 Buy It Now 6 days
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim 12 tracks - U.S. PROMO cd - RAR US $8.97 Buy It Now 6 days
EROS RAMAZZOTTI - ALAS Y RAICES [886975232420] - NEW CD US $9.28 Buy It Now 6 days
FELIPE RODRIGUEZ & GUITARRAS ALAS ROTAS ANGEL CAIDO 78 RPM US $6.99 [0 bids]
Con Las Alas Rotas By PRISMA 20 Tracks Factory Sealed Cd Peerless US $10.21 Buy It Now 6 days
Laura Marling - Alas I Cannot Swim CD US $16.20 Buy It Now 7 days
Alas Smith & Sharkey - Oh No! - Truth US $2.27 [0 bids]
Alas - Absolute Purity CD - Near Mint US $15.66 Buy It Now 7 days
EROS RAMAZZOTTI Alas Y Raices CD 2009 Italian Pop US $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ALAS NEGRAS - SLASHER SHOW NEW CD US $23.33 Buy It Now 7 days
Laura Marling ALAS I CANNOT SWIM 12trk cd US $6.46 [0 bids]
LAURA MARLING - ALAS I CANNOT SWIM [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.94 Buy It Now 7 days
LAURA MARLING ALAS I CANNOT SWIM (LIMITED EDITION CD SONG BOX SET) MINT US $16.19 [1 bids]
Alas y Raices - Ramazzotti, Eros CD Sealed ! New ! 2009 US $7.08 Buy It Now 7 days
Transmetal Las Alas del Emperador US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Alas Y Raices - Eros Ramazzotti New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $13.26 Buy It Now 7 days
BANDANGO ALAS DEL VIENTO 1991 SONY DISCOS USA EX 45 US $12.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Alas Alas Alas! the Birth of Hieronymus Bogs - Bogs Visionary Orchestra New US $20.48 Buy It Now 8 days
L. Cresswell - Voice Inside: Alas! How Swift: Kaea CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 9 days
L. Cresswell - Voice Inside: Alas! How Swift: Kaea [CD New] US $8.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Music of the Gwich'in Indians of Alas - V/A New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipp US $24.91 Buy It Now 9 days
Laura Marling Alas I Cannot Swim Taiwan CD w/OBI US $34.68 Buy It Now 9 days
ALAS Absolute Purity (ORG 2001 Hammerheart) anathema my dying bride hate eternal US $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
MYSTERY JETS alas agnes CD 2 track b/w the last bench (679l115cd) uk 679 2005 US $8.08 Buy It Now 9 days
Alas I Cannot Swim [PA] by Laura Marling (CD, Jul-2008, Virgin) US $13.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Alas I Cannot Swim [Digipak] by Laura Marling (CD, Mar-2012, Ribbon Music) US $15.95 Buy It Now 9 days
EROS RAMAZZOTTI - ALAS Y RAICES NEW CD US $14.06 Buy It Now 9 days
RAMON AYALA - QUISIERA TENER ALAS - LP norteño VESTIDA DE COLOR DE ROSA US $13.99 Buy It Now 9 days
En Las Alas Del Amor Cd Julissa 17173 US $11.69 Buy It Now 10 days
Explosion Grupera Cd Alas Del Viento 17500 US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Alas Poore Men - Unidas New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $26.57 Buy It Now 10 days
Alas I Cannot Swim - Laura Marling New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $17.11 Buy It Now 10 days
Historia del Carnaval de Brasil1902 - 1952 Pereira Alas US $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Alas : Absolute Purity CD (2003) US $13.37 Buy It Now 11 days
Alas Poore Men, New Music US $15.34 Buy It Now 11 days
Laura Marling : Alas I Cannot Swim CD (2007) US $4.83 Buy It Now 11 days

More places to buy ALAS music online Buy ALAS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALAS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALAS Pinta Tu Aldea ratings distribution

ALAS Pinta Tu Aldea reviews

Review by Cesar Inca
4 stars It's no that I'm in two minds whenever I think about (or review) this album: it's just that two minds are required to properly understand Alas' second offering. The entry of new bassist Pedro Aznar helped to enhance the rhythm section's drive, as well as give a more dynamic dimension to main writer Moretto's vision: the fact that Aznar was versatile enough to add some extra performances on additional synth and flute proved revitalizing for the band as a unit. The opener 'A Quiénes Sino' has to be the best Alas track ever. It kicks off with a 3+minute intro motif massively based on floating synth layers, delicately adorned by dreamy trumpet and flute lines: the intro's end gives way to the main theme, which is a most splendid exercise on fusion-tinged melodic prog, in many ways similar to the sound achieved by Moraz during his Refugee days with a touch of M.I.A.'s aggressive side, if only a tad tougher: 'A Quiénes Sino' sounds like an ever-creative progressive machine that revolves around recurrent motifs fluidly and inventively. The 10 minute long namesake number brings a similar vibe to that exhibited in the debut album's first suite ('Buenos Aires es Solo Piedra'), translating the airs of jazz and the mood of tango into the language of prog, yet with an enhanced energy firmly related to the fire of the preceding track. The electric piano interlude brings a proper moment of introspectiveness, in this way, developing a clever contrast that affects positively the whole track. After this number, unfortunately, the first half ends, aborting the fulfillment of the golden promise that had been glimpsed at so far. The departure of drummer Riganti led to no replacement, which seems to indicate that Moretto and Aznar felt confident that the new material might work well without a percussive input. If that's the case, they were very, very wrong, indeed. Let's make it clear once and for all: the musical ideas comprised in 'La Caza del Mosquito' and 'Silencio de Aguas Profundas' are excellent, owning a most captivating vibe and portraying a peculiar elegance. The main problem is that the music seems to surpass the performers, as if these had no sort of control over them. It is a pity really, since the unexpected tricks and variations add an air of excitement to the main melodies, but the fact is that the lack of consistence is patent. More than an album, strictly speaking this is the sum of the halves of two different ones. The two tracks that fill second half should be mostly appreciated for bringing the listener pleasant ambiences of bossanova and tango, respectively, but they pretty much pale in comparison with the mini-epics that occupied the first half. All my aforementioned reservations notwithstanding, "Pinta Tu Aldea" deserves a positive rating at the end of the day: 3 ½ stars for a very good album that could and should have been excellent,... or even more than that.

Send comments to Cesar Inca (BETA) | Report this review (#52944) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 23, 2005

Review by memowakeman
4 stars Alas from Argentina

Well i don´t know why i hadn´t reviewed this album before, since i had already written my review for their first album and their compillation one, actually i was pretty sure that i had done it before, but now that i visited this album´s page noticed that i was wrong, so it´s time to do it.

This is another one exquisite band from Argentina which released only 2 albums, the first one being released in 1976 as a eponymous album and featuring 3 members ala ELP, the musical orientation of that album was more bombastic very reminiscent to ELP indeed, and with the fusion touch ala Return to Forever, that was a great debut album, but later the former bass/guitar player Alex Zucker left the band, he was replaced by a very talented musician, Pedro Aznar. So they worked and made compositions and in 1978 released what later would be their last album, "Pinta tu Aldea" which fortunately was another great album, but with a different style, this time the bombastic ELP-is music disappeared and instead, they focused in giving a very traditional style, Tango, and imagine the combination of a magnific jazz/fusion album with the exquisite and unique sound of Tango, it makes this album very peculiar and great.

A pleasant 40-minute listening will be found here, featuring 4 great songs with 10 minutes average each one, just another proof that prog in Argentina was really amazing in the 70s, so please have a listen to these kind of bands, not only from Argentina but from South-America, there are really a lot of gems.

Pinta tu Aldea kicks off with a magnific track called "A Quienes Si No" which has 10 very worth listening minutes with a fantastic intro which leads to the keyboard playing in a Focus or ELP style in a moderate way, then it turns into their fusion style making a fantastic harmony between the musicians, great keyboard playing above all. "Pinta tu Aldea" the title track is the first one which shows the different and original style featuring that Argentinian Tango sound,, what a perfect combination between Jazz and Tango, here the bass playing is magnific as well as the bandoneon (instrument used for Tango purposes) and with a unique sound, there is a passage on this song when it is slow and with a classical touch, then it returns again to the tango-fusion style, great song!

"La Casa del Mosquito" is the shortest song, and it has another extra instrument which is the flute, this time appearing since the very beginning of the song with a delicate sound accompanied by a soft piano, then the song becomes a bit faster and powerful where we can hear a magnific acoustic guitar here and there, the flute still sounding and the song is probably the jazziest of them all, a proof of the different directiopn of the album is clearly listenable here. "Silencio de Aguas Profundas" is the one which finishes this great album, this song again features both the flute and the bandoneon, probaly this is the most ambitious of them all where they tried to show that the could do anything they wanted to, not my favorite song of the album but still good, it feels like if i were in a restaurant having a nice meal and listening to a soft jazz- tango song.

Different from their first effort, but again good and worth listening, 4 stars , recommendable to anyone.

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#135629) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 31, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars The Buenos Aires KB trio Alas' second album was released in the early fall of 79 (says the booklet), though some sources have dated it (erroneously) from 83, included in the very same booklet's liner notes. It was already quite rare as a vinyl release, but it never received a stand-alone CD version either. The only way (to my knowledge anyway) to acquire it legally is through the 2on1 EMI- Archivos package of 2001. By 79, the trio had been faced with their only change of musician: bassist Pedro Aznar had taken over the four-stringer and he was also toying with synths, since leader Moretto was sometimes busy with the bandoneon (the local tango accordion). One of the most notable differences, compared to their debut album, was the shift to a much jazzier and instrumental form of progressive rock.

Opening on the long synth layers (courtesy of newcomer Aznar) of the 10-mins Quienes Sino, later joined by Moretto's flute and Riganti's delicate bell percussions, the piece finally kicks in after three minutes in a jazzy-prog-fusion that was well in line with the late 70's, but without the questionable late-70's kitsch synths sound, so widely used in the northern hemisphere. The following 10-mins title-track opens on a jazzy bass and features a not-too- annoying accordion, thus sending the mood in semi-tango-esque territory, but we're nowhere close to Argentinian folk stuff either, because the Rhodes gives it its typical 70's flavour.

Over the flipside, the album shortest track (still over 7-mins) Caza Del Mosquito opens very melancholously (is that even a word? ;o)), but soon jumps into a quirky world of happy but frenetic air dance executed by that pesky flying bug that avoids being squashed buy the vengeful humans. A fun track, where the piano, the funky bass (ala Pastorius) and a twirly flute all alternate at the forefront. The album-closing 13-ins+ Silencio De Aguas Profundas (deepwaters' silence) opens on flute and Rhodes interplay, before the accordion takes over languorously (now THAT is a word! ;o)). A bit later on, we even get some guitar laced in with Moretto's piano and then some strange synth passage that would sound like a cheap Tomita. The album ends on a bring late-night bandoneon solo.

A very different kind of album from what Alas had done before, Pinta is still a very interesting album that deserves investigations, though maybe not exactly by the same prog crowds, but it will remain accessible by most, even by yours truly, who generally not a fan (to say the least) of the accordion. I personally prefer their first album, but this one is such a different beast that one could have a hard time guessing it was the same band on both albums.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#971301) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 05, 2013

4 stars This is an excellent fusion album, very pleasant listening. Genesis - like keyboards abound and the instrumentation is fabulous. There are also traces of tango and South American folk music - but the sound is truly progressive. Lots of dynamic interplay between instruments, and I like the way ... (read more)

Report this review (#888029) | Posted by Suedevanshoe | Saturday, January 05, 2013 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A beautifull album in Jazz Fusion vein from Argentina. Another great work made in this country. This is an album that have a complex harmony in all instruments that play in this album. We enjoy moments with different contexts, complex sounding accordion that remind us Piazzolla and Argentine ... (read more)

Report this review (#859557) | Posted by João Paulo | Thursday, November 15, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I usually end up listening to this album right after listening to the debut. The ELP influences are not as strong here..... but the good music definitely continues! This is a true jazz rock fusion album and a treat to the ears. ... (read more)

Report this review (#163982) | Posted by digdug | Saturday, March 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALAS "Pinta Tu Aldea"