The Who - Who's Next CD (album) cover

The Who

Lord Anon
4 stars The peak of their songwriting. This is a band I always found to be a little overrated, but only because they are usually referred to alongside the greats of the period - so I can't blame them for existing in the most musically competitive time in rock history! Daltrey's vocals are sharp as a razor, exactly what you'd want for these songs. The album is opened with a bang on "Baba O'Riley" and then comes the epic "Won't Get Fooled Again." Epic is an overused word these days, but it definitely applies here. Before the album ends, we hear another rock classic, "Behind Blue Eyes". When those guitars crash a few minutes into the song and those "When my fist clenches..." lyrics are growled, I am in classic rock heaven, and I'll happily stay there.
Lord Anon | 4/5 |