Marillion - Misplaced Childhood CD (album) cover

MISPLACED CHILDHOOD

Marillion

Bupie
5 stars "J'entends ton coeur".

I was in a quiet melancholic mood yesterday evening so when I came home I picked up Misplace Childhood and put it in the cd's one more time.

As English is not my first language (yes, I know, it was useless to precise) and Fish's lyrics and pronunciation are not the easiest to cope with, I took the booklet and started reading while listening to the music. I intended to do so for a few minutes only but finally I ended up reading and listening for the whole album's duration. And it stroke me again, this perfect blend of music and poetry.

I don't know whether it is Fish's charisma and poet's talents that get the most inspired support from the other members of the band or the fantastic music that gets lifted to another level by Fish's words and presence but, whatever the answer, it results in one of the most beautiful albums in music history.

Maybe I am not fully objective because I was just twenty when Misplaced Childhood was initially released. Maybe some of the youngsters will find the music awfully dated. But every time I listen to it, I can hear my heart .

Bupie | 5/5 |