Genesis - Selling England By The Pound CD (album) cover

5 stars Selling England by The Pound isn't my favorite Genesis album (I prefer Foxtrot and Nursery Crime). Still I think it deserves a 5 star rating. Dancing with the moonlit knight has a nice intro by Peter Gabriel and the instrumental mid-part is very clever. Firth of Fifth piano intro by Tony Banks is superb and Cinema Show is... I don't know. This song is very complex and good, but it does'nt really works for me. To me, best song on the album is Aisle of Plenty (!) where Collins and Gabriel are singing two different things in a very dramatic way. This song is the perfect song to end an album (only better ending is Crime of The Century from Supertramp).
OLver | 5/5 |