Deep Purple - Machine Head CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

3 stars Despite being abused by radio stations, this album is fantastic. Between the massive radio hits are more artistic, complex, and extremely jazzy pieces. Both styles are executed perfectly: catchy and memorable, but some songs lack a certain artistic sense, an exploratory nature, an adventurous disposition. The album also has (in my opinion) one of the worst album covers of all time. It's just ridiculous. Regardless, you will enjoy it, I guarantee, no matter who you are, but I can't promise you'll love it. You won't walk away with a pocketful of new thoughts, nor will it move or touch you, neither will it inspire you greatly, but it's fun and classic.
Shakespeare | 3/5 |