Genesis - Calling All Stations CD (album) cover

4 stars Different ideas about this album up here. I can understand, of course. Phil Collins is gone, a yet unknown singer joins and the powerful drums are gone.. However, for fans of the older days this album won't be a bad one. I'm one of those. The chords of Banks are very dark and dramatic on most of the songs and Rutherford's guitarwork sounds as usual. I think Wilson did a good job singing on the album. At some moments he reminds me of Gabriel's warm voice. Of course, this album does not contain very surprising or exciting moments that were included in the older songs. It's all 4/4 and in usual song-structure. But the songs are doing good and the composition is fine. It's an album I like very much and in my opinion it's better and more adventurous than 'We Can't Dance' from 1991. What a pity they did not record a second album in this line-up. The people (and radio) did not gave them that chance. I truly believe the power of Genesis still hasn't died. Let's wait for that reunion the older members are talking about..
ProgRob | 4/5 |