Genesis - Genesis 1970 -75 CD (album) cover

GENESIS 1970 -75

Genesis

wehpanzer
5 stars This set takes us from the earliest Genesis (barring the "From Genesis to Revelation" album) to the time of Peter's leaving of the group (1975) and spans the albums Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound, and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. The first of these albums featured guitarist Anthony ("Ant") Phillips, while the rest feature Steve Hackett. This box set contains many of my favorite Genesis tunes, and I am exceedingly happy with this set.

All of these albums have been painstakingly remastered and remixed, including 5.1 surround sound. There are also extras of TV appearances and concert film work showing them at their finest, along with very interesting, and telling, commentary from all of the principle players.

All in all this is a very good sounding set thanks to Nick Davis and I appreciate the effort he put into these recordings. If you like the Gabriel years, you'll love this set. 5 stars. Highly recommended.

wehpanzer | 5/5 |