Genesis - Genesis 1976 - 1982 CD (album) cover

GENESIS 1976 - 1982

Genesis

wehpanzer
4 stars Unlike some people, I love all versions of Genesis - Peter, Phil, or Ray. I always felt it was the music that made the difference.

This is the mid period Genesis albums, including the classic post Peter albums A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering.

Some have said that this is just a louder version of the same stuff. Well, it IS louder! But it is also much clearer. I can hear the difference between Steve's electric and Mike's 12 string - they are seperated now and clear. Tony's keyboards are up in the mix (I guess it's OK since he was directly involved in the remixes). Phil's vocals are much clearer now and nuances can be heard that were lost in analog mixes. Phil's drums are also much crisper. The whole sound is excellent. Some people say that these songs have been bludgeoned, all life taken out of them, I disagree. I like this sound...and yes, I still have them all on vinyl.

The DVDs with the 5.1 Dolby versions of the songs are fantastic. Mr. Davis sure knew what he was doing. The interviews are interesting, the concert footage is nice, and the music videos, even if I didn't already have the video collection, are a nice touch.

If you are any kind of fan of Genesis, pick this up immediately...or sooner! If you are a casual fan, buy the albums that you like in this format, you will get a kick out of them.

wehpanzer | 4/5 |