Deep Purple - The House Of Blue Light CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

voliveira
2 stars 4.5/10

As this album can be a pale shadow of his predecessor median, I can not say. But if Perfect Strangers was the title track to compensate for the rest of the material, The House of Blue Light offers nothing of good quality.

This is the worst album by Deep Purple I've heard so far, the first to whom I give a rating of two stars. Totally uninspired or any commitment of members. Even Ritchie Blackmore said in an interview that it was as if each was alone. If this was happening, what are the chances of this album go somewhere? Few. There is no track to my liking - perhaps my rating of two stars is too merciful, after all. But I'll keep it.

Again we see a work steeped in 80's references too, but not nearly achieves the level of hard rock albums of other bands released at the time. A pity, since the Deep Purple was the progenitor of many of these bands. 2 stars.

voliveira | 2/5 |