Pink Floyd - The Wall (The Movie) CD (album) cover

THE WALL (THE MOVIE)

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

wehpanzer
3 stars The Wall(The Movie) is a very dark movie, as are the lyrics of Roger Waters. It is forceful and uncompromising and was the last thing done as a whole group before the seperation.

Many find the movie unsettling, which was the choice of the director Alan Parker and Roger Waters. With the Boomtown Rats leader Bob Geldorf (later of Live Aid fame) in the role of Pink, the cast is fairly anonymous outside of Bob Hoskins.

Whereas the movie is fairly well acted, the music is the Floyd, the material is just so dark that I have always had trouble with it. However, If you like Pink Floyd,especially the Wall, it's definately worth it. For me, I have it on VHS, and I'm not going to upgrade to DVD or Blu Ray.

wehpanzer | 3/5 |