Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Experience Edition CD (album) cover

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars The Wish You Were Here - Experience Edition is a large upgrade in sound from the previous issues of the album. On this one, they have done it right. The album itself is a five star album, with the remastering itself deserves a five star rating, too. So why do I rate this at only four stars?

The bonus disc here is, to say the least, weak. We get one live cut from the album (Shine On You Crazy Diamond parts 1-6) from the ame concert as the DSOTM concert from the DSOTM Experience Set. That is fine. However we also get the early versions of songs from the 1977 album Animals, which, while great in and of themselves, would have been better served on an expanded Animals set. We also have another Household Objects cut (Others can be found on the Immersion DSOTM set) that seems to me out of place here, as well as alternate cuts of Have a Cigar (with Roger on vocals) and Wish You Were Here. So far as the bonuses are concerned, one is essential, two are nice inclusions, two are out of place, and one is not necessary.

Overall, this is an awesome album with marginal bonuses.

wehpanzer | 4/5 |