Opeth - Lamentations: Live at Shepherd's Bush CD (album) cover

LAMENTATIONS: LIVE AT SHEPHERD'S BUSH

Opeth

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

OpethGuitarist
3 stars The only official live release by this band is a damn good one, but unfortunately, it's still just a DVD. It is somewhat regrettable that the only material found here is from the 3 albums of the Steven Wilson, but that is mainly due to corporation contracts and the like which would not allow other material on the DVD(Demon of the Fall was cut out, for example). Even still, the perfomance is spot on, with my favorite track being Closure, which sounds even better live.

My only detractor is that Mike's voice is sometimes off, but this is overshadowed by the wow factor in knowing how easily he can go from growling to ethereal singing. The best part for me was the making of the two albums section, which I found to be very informative and interesting, especially as a fan.

A wonderful DVD, and assuredly the most treasured live performance in my collection.

OpethGuitarist | 3/5 |