Pain Of Salvation - 12:5 CD (album) cover

12:5

Pain Of Salvation

OpethGuitarist
3 stars A live release with a bit of flare, Pain of Salvation go "unplugged" if you will for us. The Brickwork sections are really intriguing, and great to hear some new material on a live release. However, I can't say that I am too fond of some of the song selections elsewhere. Most of them are some of my least favorite Pain of Salvation songs, which really takes away from me enjoying the atmosphere, which is probably the best part about this release.

Daniel proves once again that he is one of the great vocal performers. If nothing else, you should get this because of the talent this man possesses that makes so many others so jealous. An enjoyable fork in the road for Pain of Salvation that shows them evolving and improving.

OpethGuitarist | 3/5 |