Kalevala - People No Names CD (album) cover

PEOPLE NO NAMES

Kalevala

DeanSheep
4 stars I randomly came across Kalevala whilst surfing the site and I am ever so glad I did; I was captivated by Harri Saksala's voice on People No Names and both the excellent guitar work and perfect piano throughout, especially in Where I'm From and My Friend. In The Net reminds me of Voodoo Child by Hendrix and features a blasting harmonica. The suprise here has to be Tamed Indians; it sounds nothing like the rest of the album, being lead by a fast tempoed and very catchy accordion with a backing guitar. The highlight of the album and possibly my music collection. There is simply nothing else I have heard which sounds remotely similar.

The album relaxes you, has you scrutinising every note and amazes you throughout. I do not think that it is a masterpiece work of music, but it is most definitely worth a look if you agree to the taster MP3.

I picked up this and Boogie Jungle together as the aforementioned double-album on eBay for under £6.00 - easily the best money I've spent on anything.

DeanSheep | 4/5 |