Tool - Schism CD (album) cover

SCHISM

Tool

Experimental/Post Metal

sularetal
1 stars Same as the Parabol Dvd.

It consists of 1) A video of the song schism (from their masterpiece "Lateralus") which is disturbing while at the same time interesting. I really like this video and I think it refers to the bible at times. 2) A remix of the same song which as in the Parabol Dvd I find pointless since what makes the album Lateralus a masterpiece is the album as a whole and not the tracks alone (even though they are all amazing) 3) A video comentary with two people speaking at the same time. I don't know if there is a secret message or something and I'm not really interested in finding out and 4) A booklet with a few photos and screanshots.

I just dont get it how a band that from their first release (Undertow not counting the ep "opiate") doesnt have filler songs (in my opinion) in their cds and a band that waits five years until they release the next album can release two so pointless Dvd's. What should be done instead in my opinion is release a live perfoemance.

Anyway, interesting video from an amazing song but not really worth the money. Not even from tool fans. Only for completionists!

sularetal | 1/5 |