Genesis - We Can't Dance  CD (album) cover

The Mystical
1 stars R.I.P Genesis.

After Phil Collins took to the helm of Genesis, they continued to produce some nice albums. I am actually quite a fan of "Invisible Touch" and I do like Phil Collins' solo material. But this album is overall, a rather embarrassing mess. With an exception of "No Son of Mine", there is nothing here that I personally find remotely interesting.

By this time, Genesis had rather a bad reputation among prog fans, but all of their releases up until "We Can't Dance" were fairly strong in my opinion. While I can see that this album may appeal to someone looking for some feathery 80s pop tunes, I would not recommend this album to anyone.

One star.