Fates Warning - Pale Fire CD (album) cover

PALE FIRE

Fates Warning

Touchstones
4 stars The Pale Fire EP is a nice little Fates Warning gem that is sure to put a smile on the face of any fan. Here's a quick rundown of the songs featured on this release:

Pale Fire (Album Version): This is "Pale Fire" as you will hear it on "Inside Out". Plain and simple.

Monument (Edit): This version of "Monument" is two minutes shorter than the regular version that appears on "Inside Out". They removed the strange electronic passage from the end, and shortened up Jim's guitar solos (which are sorely missed in my opinion).

We Only Say Goodbye (Remix): My favorite part of this release! This is an excellent remix, and I believe it ads another layer to the song that is genuinely intoxicating! This version has more bass, more reverb on Ray's voice, and more of a focus on the atmospheric sounds present in the beginning.

Touchstones | 4/5 |