Queensr˙che - Empire CD (album) cover

EMPIRE

Queensr˙che

OpethGuitarist
2 stars The better of the two Queensyche albums that most people concern themselves with(the other being Mindcrime), but for me, that's not saying much. Maybe it's because it's not my generation, but I never understood the fascination with this band. Tate has a unique voice, yes, but there has to be more there for me.

The music is well, watered down and really bland. Most of it will automatically be compared to 80's hair metal, and while there's a definite sense of that, this band does have more to offer. Silent Lucidity, as famous as it is, is still a prog track in 15/16. However, too many of these songs make me cringe, like Jet City Woman for example. I guess the best way to put it is that there is not enough "art" here for me, and I'm obliged to go and stick in something more intellectually stimulating.

OpethGuitarist | 2/5 |