Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! CD (album) cover

ALLELUJAH! DON'T BEND! ASCEND!

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Post Rock/Math rock

Matti
2 stars This was my very first listening of this band. Since I like post-rock bands such as Sigur Ros and Battlefields, I figured why not try GYBE too. Frankly I wasn't interested enough to listen to the CD till the end. It left me cold, can't help. Probably this music takes, not only the right mood (which I apparently wasn't in), but also multiple listenings to make the impression, but the world is too full of great music to be found, and if I remain cold in the first place, I usually don't give it another try. Boring, depressing. Cryptic track titles: 'Strung Like Lights At Thee Printemps Erable'. Scuse me??

(This must be one of my poorest "reviews" ever... But maybe this little piece of poorly expressed information - that I didn't like this album - adds one dimension to the overall reception.)

Matti | 2/5 |