Mother Gong - Fairy Tales CD (album) cover

Mother Gong

Psychedelic/Space Rock

2 stars This Lp was presumably meant to be played to our children whilst we lay around in a gong and bong induced coma. If there was no lyrics it might be a fairly ordinary LP as it is the spoken lyrics are not really bad but do not really fit in with the music. The moment the Witch arrives on the scene for a brief moment the two (music and Lyric) work together and hint at what perhaps should have been. As it is this is possible the best "mother Gong" record. A flawed but noble experiment perhaps is the kindest thing that I can say about this record. The choice of story's is pretty interesting and the moral nature of these fairy tales might even have been quite well intentioned. Not an LP to my taste though and not one I would recommend to those wanting to get an accurate impression of Mother Gong. If you have very young Children and you are indeed a Gong fan buy this and you might even enjoy the experience of playing it to your kids once or twice. Older children will not be so impressed I suspect.
burgersoft777 | 2/5 |