Tangerine Dream - Tangents CD (album) cover

TANGENTS

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

GruvanDahlman
4 stars Electronic prog came late for me. It was not until a few years back when I bought "Exit" by Tangerine Dream I realised how incredibly entertaining and fantastic the music can be. "Exit" is still my favorite electronic prog album and Tangerine Dream is by all means a vital if not essential part of the genre's birth and development.

Is a box set of Tangerine Dream really necessary? Well, that depends on ypu point of view, obviously. If you are starting out I would suggest one of the classic albums, which may be a bit easier to digest at first than a compilation of five CD:s. However, if you find you like Tangerine Dream and wish to delve further into their musical output I strongly suggest you buy this particular box. It may not showcase their entire career, which is a long one by now, but gives you all the essentials of their development from the beginning and into the 80's.

Being a somewhat more organic lover of prog I find that this box is all I'll ever need by Tangerine Dream. It covers everything from albums to soundtracks, the known and the goodies. It is a stunning box and one I cherish deeply.

GruvanDahlman | 4/5 |