Tangerine Dream - Exit CD (album) cover

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

4 stars Electronic prog. That is what "Exit" is all about. It was my first love of the genre and continues to be so. Brilliantly executed with an amazing 80's feel to it I can't but help falling madly in love with it every time I return to its bossom.

Growing up in the 80's I remember the Cold war. I remember the electronic extravaganza of digital watches, Walkmans and every other gadget known to be essential for the evolution of mankind, or not. Whatever. This album brings it all back to me like the 80's was yesterday or this morning. But don't get me wrong, it is not a question of pure nostalgia. Certainly not, my dear boy or girl. It is a fitting tribute to a decade so littered with good music it is ridiculous. (As if not other decades are littered in the same way...)

The music is full of ambience and emotion, though cold emotion. There is a chilly atmosphere on "Exit" which is not uncommon in music of the time. I will not discuss every track, just stating that he tracks are all great. (That's making it easy, eh?) Anyway, I urge you to listen to "Pilots of purple twiligt", "Kiew mission" and the title track. Then you'll know. Then you will know.

GruvanDahlman | 4/5 |