Genesis - Invisible Touch CD (album) cover

INVISIBLE TOUCH

Genesis

The Mystical
2 stars "Invisible Touch" is probably the most hated of all the Genesis releases. This album is probably the most 80s sounding of all of their releases, and it spawned some major hits.

"Invisible Touch" is a great pop song and "Tonight, Tonight, Tonight" creates a wonderful atmosphere, but the rest of the album is rather dispensable 80s pop music. The sound of the album is very synthesised and plastic sounding, which was characteristic of a lot of 80s music. But it is not completely horrible. While I understand the dramatically negative reviews, I disagree with them to a certain extent. While Genesis were not really making progressive rock music, they were still making decent (but not amazing) pop music.

I do like this album, but I think that 2 stars is a realistic rating.

The Mystical | 2/5 |