Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

2 stars This is possibly Jethro Tull's folkiest effort. Most of the songs are very enjoyable, except for the odd track that grows irritating. It's ridden with lots of acoustic and flute parts, which is very nice. The electric segments are well thought as well, very progressive with great musicianship. As always, there's some great drumming from Barlow! I find this not altogether easy to immerse into, though. It's good, merely good, and certainly not an essential gem. Perhaps I'm a bit biased because my CD version skips like mad, but the album does little to captivate me.
Shakespeare | 2/5 |