Colin Bass - An Outcast Of The Islands CD (album) cover

AN OUTCAST OF THE ISLANDS

Colin Bass

sinslice
4 stars For over ten years I got this CD, I was recommended to be a inexhaustible follower of Camel. It is an exquisite music, at least for my taste in music. Some will find it mellow, but also has powerful parts.

Colin is fabulously supported by colleagues from Camel, Quidam and Abraxas. All musicians are more than acceptable, no amateurs, which is clearly reflected in each piece. Of course, perceived the great contribution of Latimer, on topics such as Macassar, As Far As I Can See, The Straits of Malacca.

There are good contributions from the flute performed by Jacek Zasada of Quidam and drums by Dave Stewart. Also add color parts of violin and orchestra in specific sections. Abraxas keyboardist and guitarist do a good job too.

Colin's work is seen mainly in the vocals and composition, along with the proper performance of his bass guitar. Aissa is the only song (instrumental) focused on his instrument.

The rest of the songs I did not mention, are enjoyable and suit well with the rest.

It is not a masterpiece from a progressive analysis, but it is a very good selection of music, with style and quality.

sinslice | 4/5 |