Genesis - Wind And Wuthering CD (album) cover

WIND AND WUTHERING

Genesis

Andrea Cortese
5 stars Only few words: this is my second favourite Genesis' album of all time! Just a (half) step below Selling England by the Pound. I always have had a special spot for it. It's difficult to explain but is something that I never felt completely for other great records, as Foxtrot, for example.

Starting from the contemplation of the wonderful autumnal cover art and passing through the first two songs I was so satisfyed that (I remember vividly still now) I always stoped the cd player and repeat them for hundreds of times. Long time passed before I even could listen entirely to the opus!

Keyboards are as evocative as never were, in my opinion. From the fourth minute of One for the Vine on, I was suddenly knocked out: that "cans' dance" and the following symphonic crescendo are the most shivering experience for me with Genesis.

I don't know the discography of this band after the release of this gem but, from what I've heard this is one of their (three) pinnacles. I never recommend it enough!

Andrea Cortese | 5/5 |