Genesis - Foxtrot CD (album) cover

5 stars I don't want to dwell into detail review of this prog classic album. For those of you are new to prog music, this album is a MUST have. Well, at least three tracks that make this album worth buying: "Can-Utility And The Coastliners", "Horizons" and "Supper's Ready". Despite the popularity of "Watcher of The Skies" as the band legendary song, I even personalyy don't like this track. It's too long mellotron sound at intro and it has a poor melody. However, as I consider "Horizon - Supper's Ready" highly, so I still conclude FIVE STAR for this album.

"Can Utility .." is really a beautifully crafted song with Gabriel heavy voice and Hackett acoustic guitar touch at intro. This track is my favorite in addition to "Supper's Ready".

What do you think? - Gatot Widayanto, Indonesia.

Gatot | 5/5 |