Bjorn J:Son Lindh - Raggie CD (album) cover

Bjorn J:Son Lindh

4 stars Do you like prog bands using a flute to enlighten their music? Do you think Peter Gabriel should have played more flute or are you generally interested in what you can do with different instrument? Then Björn J:son Lindh is somebode for you. He is a very talanted swedish flutist and composer. Prog Archives has ignored putting some of his record here but I'm happy some are here. I promise many prog band would have loved playing with Björn J:son Lindh. Lindh had help with thirty musicians to do this record (not everybode at the same time though) and here we have a very pleasant result of that work.

The music is a mix of rock, swedish and orientalic folk music, jazz, american rock and progressive rock. My favourite track is "Anniversary march" which is very influenced by swedish folk musik. That is a fast as strong piece. " Bike voyage" has a magic and beautiful feeling of nature. "Raggie" is a crazy mix och 1940s piano and rock music, "Deer's Pasture" is sad and melancolic, very swedish and "Persian supermarket" proves a great drum solo, exciting percussion and orientalic dances. All these tracks are great and worth listen to. "Dry Country" is quite boring beside of "The Pond" but the unity is still amazing. This artist is something very different with so flute-dominated music. I can warmly recommend it.

DrömmarenAdrian | 4/5 |