Deep Purple - Come Taste The Band CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

4 stars Well well well .. I really love this album. With new guitarist Tommy Bolin (ex James Gang) this is a solid album by Deep Purple. You may be wondering why I love this album as for most people this is a mediocre one - especially after the departure of guitar master Ritchie Blackmore. It's basically for simple reasons: All songs contained herein are excellent ones. Nothing is masterpiece but each individual song is interesting to enjoy. I enjoy each individual song from the hard rock "Coming Home" and "Lady Luck" to simple one like "You Keep On Moving". My best favorite track is "Getting Tighter" because I do enjoy the guitar rhythm excellently performed by Tommy Bolin. "Drifter" is another excellent track with powerful opening. Medley "This Time Around" and "Owed To G" is also fantastic. Glenn Hughes gave his best vocal shot here in this album.

It was with the release of this album Deep Purple came to my country, Indonesia, for a concert. Unfortunately I stayed in Madiun and I was just 15 years old, so I could not afford to watch them on stage. God Bless was the opening act for the concert.

It's an excellent hard rock album with a bit of funky touch. Recommended.

Gatot | 4/5 |