Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

4 stars Thick As A Brick is quite a good album. The music shows Jethro Tull at their peak. Of course the guitar and flute are still in top order, but the real kicker is teh organ. Nothing is better than a great Hammond sound (see Deep Purple for all the proof you need.) But I would not go so far as to call this album an "Essential album of progressive music" Somehow, I never seem to make it all the way to the end of the album. I guess it's one of those things where a little Jethro Tull goes a long way, and a 43 minute long Jethro Tull song is just a little too much for me. So this album gets a 4/5.
proghairfunk | 4/5 |