Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe CD (album) cover

TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION - EDGAR ALLAN POE

Alan Parsons Project

Prognut
4 stars APP was one of my favorites Bands during the 80', when I did not have any knowledge of what had happened with the progressive movement! and you were started to be bombarded by the commercial cliché of pop music.

I discover their first album sidetracking from Robot, and even I am a complete sell out fan to APP, for many reasons, I would not give any of the albums 5 stars because they are not 100% prog; to me this is not mature enough, and even though fans look at this as one of the best releases, I have to disagree. They are imposing their sound, and much better things will come; in spite of this is a incredible strong debut, for a "prog related band".... concept album, with heavy prog overtones. Highly recommended, but not the place to start!

Prognut | 4/5 |