Kaipa - Notes From The Past  CD (album) cover

NOTES FROM THE PAST

Kaipa

DrömmarenAdrian
2 stars This record was a disppointment som I'm writing this review in affect. I liked Kaipa's old production and have listened to some newer stuff but am surprised how somebody can do so boring and soulless music. This record is too long, the haft had been enough because I don't like this songs.

The voices are whiny and not nice at all. They are too externalizing when It's not properly and the lyrics too are boring. Kaipa should sing in Swedish such in the seventies, perhaps it had been more interesting then, but only perhaps. This record which is Kaipa's comeback from 2002 is 79 minutes long and features Hans Lundin and Roine Stolt plus the later members Patrick Lundström, Jonas Reingold, Morgan Ågren and Aleena and Tove Törn Lundin. Yes it is hard for me to say something good about this record. It is flashy and not deep. Yes many songs has really good intentions but as a unity I feel totally bored about it. They should have consentrated more on doing great and a little bit odd compostions. Its a little hard to find what's progressive in this. Through this disc all tracks feel the same. Best on this record was "Folke's final decision" which was a nice track with symphonic feeling. But I wonder also why they were doing so many long tracks, I see no meaning with them. Long tracks can be som astonishing but these are just protracted.

As a conclusion, don't listen to this record, the prog world is full of much better material. We also have swedish progressive music with less well produced songs and weird music such as Arbet och fritid could be for example, it's much more interesting than this.

DrömmarenAdrian | 2/5 |