Arena - Radiance CD (album) cover

RADIANCE

Arena

tuxon
3 stars This album is a sort of continuation of their previous accoustic set on The Visitor revisited, I got both albums simultaniously, so the connection is easily made, This set is based mostly on the Contagion album, with some songs from the other albums that preceded that.

Again the songs are good accoustic reworks of the album material, the songs however are not performed aswell as on the original recordings, and I find the set to be a litle boring on the whole. Highlights on this album are Spectre at the feast, which is my favourite Contagion track, Butterfly man, which is one the least interesting songs on Immortal, but this version works well for me. Skin Game, with guitars and keys really working well together, and State Of Grace, which maintain the pulse that made the original so great.

Three stars because I am a fan of the band, and the songs are great from themselves, but basically this is merely interesting for the fans.

Listen after you heard the original studio versions of the songs.

tuxon | 3/5 |