Porcupine Tree - Coma Divine CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4 stars This is a superb live album, make no mistake about it. The version I have is the double cd, with four extra tracks between 'Moonloop' and 'Radioactive Toy'. The playing is flawless, although there are doubtless a few overdubs here and there. Chris Maitland in particular is impressive, but I have always admired his work with this band. It is a shame he is no longer a part of the set-up. I won't go into individual tracks, as they all blend seamlessly together and produce an exhilirating effect on the listener. Highlights though, for me, are 'Signify' which is brilliant, both parts of 'Waiting', 'Moonloop' and 'Radioactive Toy'. The extra tracks are 'Up The Downstair' which is good but not a highlight, 'The Moon Touches Your Shoulder' which is a highlight! 'Always Never' (adequate) and 'Is...Not' (again adequate). This last is part of 'The Sky Moves Sideways' track, which, I believe, when it was released in America, was split into different parts, each given titles. My least favourite on here, (though it is not exactly bad!) is the last track, 'Not Beautiful Anymore'. A little too aggressive for my taste, but a good track to perform live. Certainly a top notch live offering, and one to rank with the best live albums in the business.
chessman | 4/5 |