Algarnas Tradgard - Framtiden ar ett Svavande Skepp, Forankrat I Forntiden CD (album) cover

FRAMTIDEN AR ETT SVAVANDE SKEPP, FORANKRAT I FORNTIDEN

Algarnas Tradgard

Psychedelic/Space Rock

DrömmarenAdrian
2 stars I was excited to hear this album. When I was small and collected Swedish "progg" this was a record I never bought, it was too expensive and I never found it on a flea market eather. Well, I hadn't missed anything. No there was not much interesting with this record. I like experimenting but then there have to be a melody in it or at least a more soft harmony than this.

Framtiden är ett svävande skepp förankrat i forntiden was released in 1972, an otherwise very good music year and they were influenced by Pink Floyd, Terry Riley and similar spaced music. The first song "Två timmar över två blå berg med en gök på avrdera sida...om timmarna alltså" is the first track. It is quite long and meaningless. It's getting better in the end with some voices and a little melody (3/10). Next song "Det finns en tid för allt, det finns en tid då även tiden möts" is significantly better with a more interesting soundshape, a church bell, indian instruments and some nice string work (6/10). What's good with next track "Möjligheternas barn" is the singer Margareta Söderberg of whom I have a great album "Kärringtand" (also featured Arbete & Fritid). She sung well and the lyrics are surrealistic but song song as a unit is bad (5/10). "Tristans klagan" the shortest piece, is also the best. Here lies a nice folk song played by violin and cello on a dark background (7/10). "Viriditas" is a terrible piece of crap (1/10). "Saturnus ringar" proves good musicality with a groovy rock feeling but it tells me nothing (3/10). The last song "Framtiden är ett svävande skepp förankrat i forntiden" is also very bad, unsharp and annoying.

It feels they didn't want anything with their music but perhaps they did what they were supposed to do. Obviously there are people who enjoy it and it's good for them. I'm glad I hav'nt spend any money on this. Okey, no more Älgarnas trädgård for me. I was tempted to give this one star but as you see I give it two weak stars.

DrömmarenAdrian | 2/5 |