Mangala Vallis - Lycanthrope CD (album) cover

LYCANTHROPE

Mangala Vallis

Rock Progressivo Italiano

zedkatz
4 stars I have to agree with positive reviews of this album. I love PFM and was a huge fan of Bernardo Lazetti's voice when he was with them. Some may find it irritating but to me he's great. Over the 30 years since his PFM days he's improved. The accent has gone but the expression is still there. Combine that with lush keyboards (the Mellotron, surely the most perfect imperfect instrument ever devised by man!) and this is great symphonc prog.

Not an essential I have to say. Doesn't break new ground. Guitar sounds slightly derivative and 'safe' but worth 4 stars in my book. Has been a constant companion in my car CD player since I bought it a month or so ago.

zedkatz | 4/5 |